Baked Meatball Enchiladas
Rate this recipe for points
Turn an ordinary dinner into a fiesta with these Baked Meatball Enchiladas. Featuring Dempster's® Original 7" Tortillas, this dish is hearty and full of flavour. You can use store-bought meatballs or leftovers for a quick-and-easy meal any day of the week. Serves four.
- 8 Dempster's® Original 7" tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) taco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 24 prepared cooked meatballs
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Grease 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) taco sauce in bottom of dish; set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 mL) Cheddar cheese down along centre of each tortilla.
- Top with 3 meatballs, beans and some pickled jalapeños.
- Roll up tightly and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top with remaining taco sauce and sprinkle with remaining Cheddar.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and filling is heated through.
- Garnish with avocado and green onions before serving.
Tip: If meatballs are large, use 16 and cut each in half.