Cheese and Spinach Quesadillas
Rate this recipe for points
Cheese and Spinach Quesadillas are a quick and easy way to enjoy the flavours of classic spinach dip. Dempster’s® 100% Whole Wheat 10'' Tortillas, yogurt, feta cheese and fresh herbs offer a deep flavour profile that's hard to resist. Enjoy these vegetarian quesadillas for lunch or dinner or impress your guests with them at your next party. Serves four.
- 4 Dempster’s® 100% Whole Wheat 10'' Tortillas
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Olive oil, divided
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 3 Green onions, sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) Chopped spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch nutmeg
- tbsp (15 mL) Chopped fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, parsley)
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 5 cup (125 mL) Crumbled Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Plain yogurt
- HEAT 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender and fragrant.
- Add spinach and toss to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, nutmeg and herbs.
- Stir in eggs and continue to cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat and stir in Feta cheese.
- LAY tortillas on a large, clean work surface.
- Divide spinach mixture between each of the tortillas, spreading over one half of the tortilla.
- Fold in half, brush the outside with olive oil.
- HEAT a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place tortillas in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden and crisp.
- Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt on the side.