Chef’s Salad in Tortilla Bowls
Rate this recipe for points
These crispy tortilla cups make perfect salad bowls – you can use them for all your favourite salads.
- 2 Dempster’s® Original Large Tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chickpeas
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 3 oz (85 g) cubed Swiss cheese
- 4 slices smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 2 cocktail tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced cucumbers (half moons)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared ranch dressing
- Brush tortillas lightly with olive oil; nestle each tortilla shell between 2 small stainless-steel bowls.
- Bake in 400˚F (200˚C) oven for about 15 minutes or until the tortillas take on bowl shape.
- Remove the bottom bowl and flip it upside down so that the tortillas are hanging over the remaining bowls; bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy. Cool completely.
- Divide lettuce among tortilla bowls; arrange chickpeas, eggs, cheese, turkey, tomatoes, and cucumbers in sections over top. Serve with ranch dressing.
Tip: Replace turkey and eggs with avocado and thinly sliced red onions for a vegetarian salad if desired.