Chorizo Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mini Pizza
Rate this recipe for points
This quick-and-easy Chorizo Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mini Pizza recipe is a great alternative to take-out on busy weeknights. A double layer of Dempster’s® Whole Wheat 7” Tortillas is filled with mozzarella and topped with chorizo, taco sauce, spicy jalapenos and more cheese to create a rich, filling dinner that can be made in under half an hour. Bold Mexican-inspired flavours give this recipe a fresh twist. Serves two.
- 4 Dempster's® Whole Wheat 7" Tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) taco sauce
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook chorizo for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup (60 mL) cheese over 2 tortillas.
- Stack remaining tortillas on top.
- Spread with taco sauce, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border all around.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Top with chorizo and jalapeño.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tortillas are golden, base is crisp and cheese is melted.