Chorizo Sausage and Fried Egg Breakfast Wrap
Rate this recipe for points
Spice up your morning meal with this Chorizo Sausage and Fried Egg Breakfast Wrap. This hearty recipe fills a Dempster’s® Ancient Grains Large Tortilla with fried egg, sausage, hash browns, cheese and guacamole for a flavourful way to start your day. Top it with spicy pico de gallo for extra heat. Serves two.
- 2 Dempster's® Ancient Grains Large Tortillas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 chorizo sausages, casing removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) guacamole
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen hash browns, cooked according to pkg directions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pico de gallo sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp (30 mL) oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook the chorizo for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet set over medium heat.
- Break eggs into skillet; cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until egg whites are set but yolks are still slightly runny, or until cooked as desired.
- Spread guacamole down along the centre of each tortilla, leaving a small border at each end.
- Top with chorizo, hash browns and fried eggs.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold up the bottom of the tortilla over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll up tightly.
- Serve with pico de gallo sauce.