Classic Eggs Benedict Breakfast
Rate this recipe for points
Our Classic Eggs Benedict Breakfast recipe makes it easy to enjoy the popular restaurant dish at home. With Dempster’s® Plain English Muffins and a foolproof blender hollandaise sauce, it's a delicious and elegant dish for the perfect laid-back weekend breakfast. Serves two or four.
- 2 Dempster’s® Plain English Muffins, halved and toasted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 8 slices Black Forest ham
- 4 poached eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- In small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, in blender, combine egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard; purée until smooth.
- With motor running, pour bubbling butter into blender in thin stream.
- Season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook ham, turning once, until warm and crisp around the edges.
- Divide evenly among English muffin halves; top each with a poached egg and spoon hollandaise sauce over top.
Tip: To poach eggs, fill a saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (8 cm) up the side.
Heat until water simmers gently; stir in 1 tsp (5 mL) vinegar.
Break each egg into a small dish; holding the dish just above simmering water, slip each egg into the water.
Cook, in barely simmering water, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the white is set and the yolk is cooked to the desired doneness.
Remove eggs with a slotted spoon; drain well on a paper towel.