Crispy Breaded Tofu Buddha Bowl
Rate this recipe for points
Our Crispy Breaded Tofu Buddha Bowl brings restaurant-level style and flavour to your home dinner table. This recipe is filled with green veggies and plant-based protein, including Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains Ancient Grains with Quinoa Bread, to help keep it filling and delicious. Serves four.
- 2 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains Ancient Grains with Quinoa Bread, toasted and cooled completely
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each garlic powder and ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 12 oz (350 g) extra-firm tofu, drained well
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
Ginger Avocado Dressing:
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 6 oz (170 g) soba noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded red cabbage
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Crispy Tofu: In food processor, combine toast, garlic powder, ginger, salt and pepper; pulse until coarsely ground.
- Transfer to shallow dish; stir in green onion.
- Pat tofu dry with paper towel; cut into 16 strips (2- x 1/2-inch/5 x 1 cm).
- Place flour, eggs and bread crumb mixture in three separate shallow bowls.
- Toss tofu in flour, then dip in egg, shaking off excess, then coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook tofu, in batches, for about 2 minutes per side or until crispy and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Ginger Avocado Dressing: In small food processor, combine avocado, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and hot sauce (if using); blend until smooth.
- Buddah Bowl: Toss soba noodles with dressing.
- Divide noodles among 4 bowls.
- Arrange broccoli, edamame and cabbage over noodles.
- Top with Crispy Tofu and sesame seeds.
Tip: The bread crumb coating is also delicious on chicken or fish.