Crunchy Veggie Roll
Rate this recipe for points
A crowd pleaser and fun way to pack veggies for the kids in every bite. These Crunchy Veggie Rolls taste delicious as they look, and they can be made ahead.
- 4 Dempster’s® Large Sundried Tomato Tortillas
- 1/2 cup plant-based pesto oil, strained
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 thinly sliced yellow pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced leaf lettuce
- Mix together pesto and hummus in a bowl set aside for assembly.
- Place a clean kitchen towel on the counter and then line the tortilla with the edge of the towel line. (Note: This allows you to gently grip the tortilla and keep the veg together to wrap them tightly. You may also use a sushi mat roller).
- Brush the pesto mixture evenly over the tortillas, leaving a 1-inch border.
- In the center, place each sliced veggie evenly between the 4 wraps lengthwise. (Note: Keep the tortillas covered while preparing to maintain a soft chewy texture.)
- Lift the edge and roll the tortilla. Place it seam-side down on the tray making sure it seals with the pesto mixture. Repeat with other wraps, trim each side, and cut each roll into 6 pcs.
- Serve with sweet-chili sauce.
Tip: this can be made ahead in the morning covered and refrigerated.