Fun Fruit Sando
Rate this recipe for points
Who said fruit can’t be on a sandwich? Not us! Enjoy this delicious and sweet recipe, perfect for summer days or school lunches.
- 4 Slices of Dempster’s® White Bread
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 12 Strawberries, hulled
- 1 Orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 Kiwi, peeled and sliced
- Clean, prepare, and cut fruit and place on a baking tray lined with paper towel then using another paper towel over top, remove excess moisture by pressing lightly and then, set aside.
- Prepare whipping cream, by whipping/whisking on a low speed until bubbly, then, add sugar and increase speed to medium-high until the cream thickens and forms peaks – check consistency to ensure that cream is spreadable and NOT runny, as you whisk.
- On a clean dry work surface, spread out all 4 Slices of Dempster's® White Bread, and remove the crusts.
- Spread a thick rich layer of cream over top of all 4 slices.
- For assembly, place fruit over 2 slices, with consideration to the alignment of fruit for cross-section, and place accordingly – do not change the orientation of the sandwich.
- Add in more whipped cream to fill the gaps between the fruit and layer.
- Top with second slices, whipped cream side down, over the fruit slices.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap on all four sides and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Cut cross section diagonally, cleaning knife with a hot wet towel before each cut.