Funky Monkey Toasted Sandwich
Rate this recipe for points
You'll go bananas for this Funky Monkey Toasted Sandwich. The simple yet satisfying open-faced sandwich is prepared on Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread. Featuring almond butter, sliced banana and drizzled chocolate, it's a must-have treat for breakfast or snack time. Feel free to monkey around with the recipe by switching up the melted chocolate with maple syrup or honey. Serves four.
- 4 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) natural almond butter
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped pitted dates (optional)
- Place chocolate chips in heatproof bowl; microwave for 1 minute. Transfer to a small zip-top plastic bag and snip off one corner. Set aside.
- Spread almond butter evenly over one side of each piece of toast. Top with bananas, and dates (if using). Drizzle with chocolate before serving.
Tip: Substitute maple syrup or honey for the melted chocolate, if desired.