Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese with Marinara Dipping Sauce
Rate this recipe for points
- 8 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) garlic butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) marinara sauce, heated
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over 4 slices of bread; cap with remaining bread. Combine garlic butter with Italian seasoning; spread over the outside of sandwiches.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook sandwiches, in batches if needed, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, pressing lightly, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut sandwiches into quarters; serve with the marinara sauce for dipping.
Substitute cheddar or marble cheese for the Italian cheese blend if desired.
Add a slice of ham or turkey to the sandwich if desired.