Grilled Cheese Nachos
Rate this recipe for points
It doesn't get better than this gooey Grilled Cheese Nachos recipe. Classic grilled cheese made with Dempster’s® White Bread gets a nacho makeover everyone is sure to appreciate. Combining two all-time favourites, it's the ultimate snack or appetizer option. Enjoy with salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Serves four.
- 8 slices Dempster's® White Bread
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Tex-Mex cheese, divided
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup (125 mL) cheese over each of 4 bread slices.
- Cap with remaining bread.
- Butter outside bread slices of each sandwich.
- Preheat large skillet over medium-low heat; cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese melts.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 squares.
- Cut each square in half diagonally to make triangles.
- Arrange triangles, layering with remaining cheese, on foil-lined baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and olives.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
Serve nachos with salsa, guacamole and sour cream if desired.
Change up the nacho toppings as you like: try bacon, black beans, corn, jalapeño peppers or red onion.