Grilled Halloumi Bagel Sandwich
Rate this recipe for points
Go for grilled goodness with a savoury, Grilled Halloumi Bagel Sandwich. A semi-hard cheese from sunny Cyprus, Halloumi is ideal for grilling or frying, producing a crispy outside and melty inside. Combined with a Dempster’s® Sesame Bagels and your favourite hummus, it's a delicious sandwich that brings texture and tangy flavour to breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serves two.
- 2 Dempster’s® Sesame Bagels, halved and toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 oz (125 g) sliced halloumi cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch/5 mm thick slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed arugula
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; pan-fry halloumi for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Spread hummus over bottom halves of bagels.
- Top with arugula and pan-fried halloumi.
- Cap with tops of bagels.
Alternatively, grill halloumi on greased grill set over medium-high heat.
Add slices of tomato to sandwich if desired.