Honey Toast Boxes with Banana and Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Rate this recipe for points
Breakfast doesn't get much more impressive than Honey Toast Boxes with Banana and Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. Toasted Dempster’s® White Bread is stacked and filled with honey bread cubes, sliced bananas, hazelnuts and chocolate hazelnut sauce and topped with whipped cream. A decadent dish for brunch, this honey toast box looks as good as it tastes. Serves two.
- 6 slices Dempster's® White Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1 banana, sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375° (190°C).
- Set aside two slices of bread.
- Cut the centres out of remaining bread, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) frame all around.
- Cut centres of bread into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes; toss with melted butter.
- Place reserved bread slices, bread frames and bread cubes on baking sheets; bake for about 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Immediately drizzle honey over bread cubes.
- Melt chocolate hazelnut spread in microwave for about 90 seconds or until loosened; stir in milk to make sauce.
- Place uncut bread slices on plates; stack two bread frames on top of each slice.
- Toss together bread cubes, sliced bananas, hazelnuts and half of the chocolate hazelnut sauce; spoon into bread frames.
- Spoon whipped cream over assembled toast boxes and drizzle with remaining chocolate hazelnut sauce.