Maple French Toast Pain Perdu
Rate this recipe for points
Hearty Maple French Toast Bagels are a sweet start to any morning. Swapping out standard bread for Dempster’s® Signature Maple French Toast Bagels, the result is soft, chewy and oh-so decadent. Topped with berries and whipped cream, this French toast is a special addition to any breakfast or brunch menu. Serves two.
- 2 Dempster’s® Signature Maple French Toast Flavour Bagels
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixed berries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipped cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup (optional)
- Split bagels in half.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon sugar in a pie plate.
- Place bagel halves in the egg mixture, turning, until all the egg has been absorbed by the bagels.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Brown bagel pieces in a pan over medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Serve with berries, whipped cream and additional maple syrup, if desired.