Mini Tortilla Cinnamon Buns
Rate this recipe for points
Small but mighty, these Mini Tortilla Cinnamon Buns are packed with cinnamon flavour. Dempster’s® Original 10” Tortillas are prepared with brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon for a sweet, spicy and slightly nutty taste. The buns are baked in a muffin tin then drizzled with icing for a deliciously sweet treat. Serves eight.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) .
- icing sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) .
- 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) melted butter and 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar into bottom of 8 mini muffin cups.
- Brush remaining butter generously over each tortilla; sprinkle remaining brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon evenly over top.
- Stack tortillas on top of each other; roll up tightly into log shape.
- Cut into 8 pieces; place in prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sugar starts to caramelize and buns are golden brown.
- Let stand for 4 to 5 minutes before inverting from pan.
- Let cool completely and drizzle with Icing.
- Icing: Stir icing sugar with milk until smooth; transfer to small, re-sealable sandwich bag and snip off one corner of bag.
Tip: Substitute chopped walnuts for pecans if desired.