Mummy Pizza Sticks
Rate this recipe for points
As fun to make as they are to eat, these playful Mummy Pizza Sticks are the perfect snacks for Halloween. Easy to prepare with Dempster’s® White Bread and a few simple ingredients, they're tasty treats for kids parties and everyday activities. Serves four.
- 4 slices Dempster's® White Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pizza sauce
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 16 sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Trim crusts from bread; cut each slice of bread in half.
- Place on a baking sheet; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread bread with pizza sauce.
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half crosswise; pull apart each piece into strips.
- Arrange cheese strips over pizza sauce to resemble mummy bandages; place sliced olives for "eyes."
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted.