Nacho Chorizo Sausage on a Bun
Rate this recipe for points
This nacho supreme sausage is a little indulgent but so tasty and so delicious.
- 2 Dempster's® Deluxe The Gold Sausage Buns
- 2 raw chorizo sausages
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) prepared queso cheese sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced avocado
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium; grease grates well.
- Grill sausages, turning occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reaches 160°F (71°C) when inserted into the centre of the sausage.
- Meanwhile, grill buns for 60 to 90 seconds or until lightly marked and toasted.
- Assemble sausages in buns with queso sauce, black beans, avocado, salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, jalapeño, green onions and cilantro.
Tip: Substitute jumbo ballpark hot dogs for sausages if desired.