Nut-free "PB&J" Swirl Rolls
Rate this recipe for points
Kids will love these school-safe 'PB&J' Swirl Rolls. Made with Dempster’s® White Bread, these peanut-free rolls are sure to be a hit at lunchtime!
- 4 slides of Dempster’s® White Bread
- 3 cups of Hulled Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup of Grape Jelly or Strawberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
- Roast the sunflower seeds for 15-20 minutes, ensuring to toss during the cooking process for even browning.
- In a food processor, process the roasted sunflower seeds with coconut sugar and salt, until desired consistency.
- Trim crusts from each slice of bread and roll with a rolling pin to flatten the bread.
- Spread evenly with approximately 1 tablespoon of seed butter spread on each slice, then divide and spread the jam over top.
- Roll into a tight spiral, then slice each spiral into quarters.
- Optional; garnish each with a fresh whole blueberry or raspberry.