Rate this recipe for points
Rise and shine with help from this delicious Omelette Bagel. The classic egg, ham and cheese combo on a Dempster’s® Sesame Seed Bagel is a tasty way to start your day. For a vegetarian version of this sandwich, replace the ham with your favourite fresh veggies. Serves two.
- 1 Dempster's® Sesame Bagel, halved and toasted
- 2 eggs
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced ham
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, 2 tsp (10 mL) water, salt and pepper.
- In small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook ham and green onion for 1 or 2 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add egg mixture; cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until egg mixture starts to set around edges.
- Flip over and top with cheese slices; cook for about 2 minutes or until eggs are fully set and cheese is melted.
- Cut in half and serve on toasted bagel halves.
Tips: For a vegetarian sandwich, omit ham.
Serve with lettuce and tomato slices if desired.
Substitute Swiss, mozzarella or havarti cheese for Cheddar cheese if desired.