Open-Faced Kiwi Lime Breakfast Toast
Rate this recipe for points
Start your day on a bright note with Open-Faced Kiwi Lime Breakfast Toast. Toasted Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains Honey & Oatmeal Bread gives this sandwich its tempting texture, while honey-infused cream cheese and kiwi offer a citrusy, slightly sweet flavour. Quick and delicious, this toast tastes as good as it looks. Serves four.
- 4 slices Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains Honey & Oatmeal Bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lime zest
- 4 ripe kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Stir together cream cheese, honey, lime juice and lime zest until well combined; spread over warm toast.
- Top with kiwi slices. Serve immediately.
Tip: Add an exotic touch by stirring 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cardamom into the cream cheese mixture.