Pan Con Tomate Appetizers
Rate this recipe for points
Made with Dempster’s® White Bread, Pan Con Tomate Appetizers are simple and delicious. Crispy bread, fresh tomato and spices will tempt your taste buds. Serve the classic, Spanish-style dish as a lovely tapas or starter or with soup or salad as an alternative to garlic bread. Serves six.
- 6 slices Dempster's® White Bread
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- Pinch chili flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Set aside.
- Using largest holes of box grater, carefully grate tomatoes into bowl and discard the skin; set aside.
- Preheat broiler; broil bread slices for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until golden brown and toasted.
- Generously brush bread with olive oil and garlic; spoon grated tomatoes and juices over top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and chili flakes.
- Cut into triangles and garnish with parsley.
Tip: Alternatively, rub garlic clove all over toasted bread slices, then drizzle olive oil over top.