Peanut Butter Turkey Toast
Rate this recipe for points
Kids will be quick to gobble up this playful Peanut Butter Turkey Toast. Fun to make at the holidays, the sweet and salty snack features Dempster’s® 100% Whole Wheat Bread and a few simple ingredients. Decorate the toast with dried fruit, nuts and chocolate chips or come up with your own tasty toppings. Serves one.
- 2 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dried cranberries, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each toasted natural sliced almonds, crushed pretzels and chocolate chips (approx.
- Pretzel sticks
- Spread bread slices with peanut butter.
- Cut one slice into 4 fingers and sprinkle each finger with half of the cranberries, almonds, pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Fan out on plate to form turkey tail.
- Place remaining slice underneath and decorate with remaining cranberries, almonds and chocolate chips to make turkey face.
- Break pretzel sticks to form feet and place under toast slice.
Tip: Have fun with snack toppings and use whatever is in the cupboard; try different cereals, toffee bits or raisins.