Prosciutto and Cheese Toast
Rate this recipe for points
With its savoury blend of ingredients, this Prosciutto and Cheese Toast is simple and satisfying. Paired with grainy mustard on delicious Dempster’s® White Bread, the open-faced sandwich makes a seriously tasty snack or lunch. Serves one.
- 2 slices of Dempster's White Bread
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grainy mustard
- 4 deli slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 slices of prosciutto; cut in half vertically
- 1/4 cup (60ml) baby arugula leaves
- coarse black pepper
- Preheat toaster oven to "broil"
- Spread mustard evenly over bread and top each with 2 slices of cheese and
- the prosciutto.
- Broil until cheese has melted, top with arugula and season with pepper.
Tip: Use your favorite deli sliced cheese like havarti or provolone.
Tip: Try slices of roasted ham instead of prosciutto
Tip: Substitute baby spinach for baby arugula