Pulled Pork Burrito with Coleslaw
Rate this recipe for points
Succulent pulled pork and creamy coleslaw make this Pulled Pork Burrito with Coleslaw recipe a winner at any dinner table. It's served in a warmed Dempster’s® Original Large Tortilla for a tasty meal that's easy to enjoy. Great for dinner, this burrito also makes for a popular dish at parties. Serves four.
- 4 Dempster’s® Original Large Tortillas, warmed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Oil, divided
- 1 lb (454g) Pork tenderloin
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) BBQ Sauce
- 5 cups (125 mL) Apple juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ready prepared coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mayonnaise
- 25 tsp (1 mL) Each, salt, pepper and granulated sugar
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown tenderloin on all sides and remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil and cook onions until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in BBQ sauce and apple juice, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add tenderloin back to pan and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer, turning pork occasionally until tender, about 1 hour.
- Use two forks to "pull" meat apart in the sauce.
- Let sit for 15 minutes to let the meat absorb the sauce.
- Toss together coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Divide pork mixture between warmed tortillas.
- Top with coleslaw and roll up to serve.
Tips: Prepare the pork up to 3 days ahead, refrigerate and reheat for a quick, weeknight meal.