Quick and Easy French Toast
Rate this recipe for points
Wake up your tastebuds with our Quick and Easy French Toast. Dempster’s® White Bread is the star of this sweet breakfast favourite, which is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It's an easy meal with some serious plate appeal. Serves four.
- 8 slices Dempster's® White Bread (day-old)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- In shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Melt half of the butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- In batches, dip bread slices into egg mixture; cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown, adding remaining butter as needed.
- Serve French toast with maple syrup and a dusting of icing sugar.