Ricotta and Fig Open-Faced Sandwich
Rate this recipe for points
A sweet open-faced sandwich designed for lazy brunches or afternoon snacking.
- 4 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread
- 4 tsp (20 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ricotta
- 8 figs, quartered
- 4 tsp (20 mL) honey
- Fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Brush both sides of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Grill bread slices for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until grill-marked and toasted.
- Spread ricotta evenly on each slice of bread.
- Top with figs and drizzle with honey.
- Garnish with mint (if using).
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.