Roasted Sweet Potato Burrito
Rate this recipe for points
The pickled onion gives a little crunch and compliments the sweet potatoes making this wrap the perfect way to satisfy a craving. Sweet potatoes can be made ahead of time.
- 2 Dempster’s® Original Large Tortillas
- 1 Sweet Potato, large
- 1 Zucchini, medium
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Red Onion, small
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)
- Thinly slice the red onion and place it into a bowl with the red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the onions to pickle.
- (This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
- Cut sweet potato in half and then into 1/2 thick.
- Toss in 2 tbsp vegetable oil, salt & pepper, and chili powder.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until tender flipping once.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into strips, brush with remaining oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add to the pan with sweet potato and roast for about 10 mins until tender.
- When the Sweet potato and zucchini are roasted, remove them from the oven to let them cool and cut the cooled zucchini into bite-sized strips.
- To assemble, place tortillas flat and divide the ingredients evenly, beginning with a spread of mayo on the left half side.
- Then top with sweet potato, zucchini, pickled red onion and cilantro.
- Fold the right side of the tortilla over to cover.
- In a nonstick pan on medium-low heat, place the wrap’s seam side down on the pan and toast until golden brown about 3 min each side.
- Serve immediately.