Simply Savoury Italian-Inspired Sandwich
Rate this recipe for points
A tribute to sandwich lovers, this Savoury Italian-Inspired Sandwich packs in the flavour. Villaggio® Classico Italian style Thick Sliced White Bread serves as a soft and tasty base for classic favourites like prosciutto, Genoa salami and buffalo mozzarella. Serves four.
- 8 slices of Villaggio® Classico Italian style Thick Sliced White Bread
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Balsamic Glaze
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Olive oil
- 8 slices of smoked prosciutto
- 16 thin slices of mild Genoa Salami
- 1 jar of Roasted Red peppers thinly sliced
- 8 slices of Buffalo Mozzarella
- 20 Fresh Basil leaves torn into bite size pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 stuffed queen green olives finely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil and balsamic glaze and set aside.
- Brush the bread slices evenly with the balsamic glaze mixture.
- Begin assembling each sandwich with 2 slices of prosciutto, 4 slices of spicy Genoa and 4 slices of mild Genoa salami.
- Continue layering with 2 slices of mozzarella, 4 red pepper slices and 5 torn basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with remaining bread.