Vanilla French Toast with Strawberry and Banana
Rate this recipe for points
Vanilla French Toast takes your breakfast menu to the next level. Villaggio® Artesano™ Brioche Style White Bread is battered and baked until golden brown and fluffy, then layered with strawberries and bananas. This brunch favourite is definitely going to elevate your breakfast game. Serves four.
- 4 Slices of Villaggio® Artesano™ Brioche Style White Bread
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cup (310 ml) of whole milk
- 1 vanila pod or 3 tsp (15 ml) of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) of Butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup (warmed)
- 6-8 strawberries (sliced)
- 1 banana (Sliced)
- raspberries for garnish
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Soak the slices of Villaggio® Artesano™ Brioche Style White Bread into mixture for approximately 1 minute per side.
- Place slices on wire rack, placed over baking sheet.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add and melt butter.
- Once the butter is bubbly, cook each slice until crisp and golden brown.
- Stack and layer with sliced bananas, strawberries.
- Drizzle with warmed maple syrup.