Green Goddess Veggie Burger
Rate this recipe for points
Loaded with lots of veggies and a fresh herb green goddess sauce, these tasty grilled veggie burgers will impress everyone in the crowd.
- 4 Dempster's® Deluxe Gold Buns
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pack fresh mint
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 veggie burgers
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 16 thin cucumber slices
- 6 oz (175 g) mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 thick tomato slices
- 4 thinly sliced red onion rounds
- 1 cup (250 mL) sprouts
- In small food processor or blender; pulse garlic clove until minced.
- Add parsley, basil, mint, green onions, yogurt, mayonnaise, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Grill veggie burgers according to package directions or for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until grill-marked and heated through.
- Grill buns for 60 to 90 seconds or until lightly marked and toasted.
- Assemble veggie burgers in buns with green goddess sauce, arugula, avocado, cucumber, mozzarella, tomato, red onion and sprouts.
Tip: Alternatively, brush veggie burgers with touch of oil; transfer to baking sheet.
Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven until golden brown and heated through.