Salmon Sushi Bowl Toast
Rate this recipe for points
Now you can satisfy your sushi craving with a tasty sandwich, thanks to this Salmon Sushi Bowl Toast recipe. Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread and miso-glazed salmon make a delicious duo. Classic ingredients like soy, wasabi and ginger are complemented with crisp veggies. Crunchy, flavourful and full of texture, this open-faced sandwich is a uniquely satisfying meal. Serves four.
- 4 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains 12 Grain Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) miso paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 4 salmon fillets (each 4 oz/125 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp (10 mL) prepared wasabi paste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) matchstick carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) matchstick English cucumber
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Whisk together miso, soy sauce, lime juice and ginger.
- Place salmon fillets on greased foil-lined baking sheet and brush with miso mixture; roast for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and wasabi until smooth; spread evenly over slices of bread.
- Divide avocado, carrots and cucumber among slices of bread; top with salmon fillets and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small skillet over medium heat; add sesame seeds and stir constantly for about 2 minutes or until golden and fragrant.