Classic Family Night Beef Tacos
Rate this recipe for points
Our Classic Family Night Beef Tacos recipe is the answer to the "What's for dinner?" question. A spicy and savoury beef filling is served on a Dempster’s® Original Medium Tortilla and finished off with your favourite taco toppings. This easy and satisfying recipe is a great alternative to take out on hectic weeknights.
- 4 Dempster's® Original Medium Tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 lb (227 g) lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each cumin, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) beef broth or water
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded lettuce
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the beef with chili powder, cumin, garlic and pepper until no longer pink, breaking up the beef with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in beef broth and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Divide the beef mixture between warmed tortillas.
- Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and onions.
- Fold in half to serve.
Tip: Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and fresh jalapeno slices if desired.