Kale Cesear Salad and Dempster’s® Croutons
Rate this recipe for points
Kale Caesar Salad and Dempster’s® Croutons is a refreshing take on the classic Caesar. Pancetta, shaved Grana Pandano cheese and baby kale elevate the flavours of this classic dinnertime favourite. Hearty croutons made from Dempster’s® 100% Whole Grains Ancient Grains and Quinoa add a satisfying twist. Serves four.
- 4 slices Dempster's® 100% Whole Grains Ancient Grains with Quinoa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 thin slices pancetta
- 1 pkg (150 g) baby kale
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shaved Grana Pandano cheese
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut slices of bread into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes.
- Toss with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Arrange pancetta in single layer on separate parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake croutons and pancetta for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Let cool completely.
- Break pancetta into pieces.
- In serving bowl, toss kale with dressing.
- Stir in croutons, pancetta and cheese.
- Serve with lemon wedges.