Spicy BBQ Burgers
Rate this recipe for points
Double up on your favourite flavours with these Spicy Double-Decker Cheeseburgers stacked on Dempster’s® Signature Hamburger Buns. Hot sauce, pickled jalapeño peppers and BBQ sauce amp things up for a delicious burger with extra bite. They’re great for grilling at family dinners and summer barbecues. Serves four.
- 4 Dempster’s® Signature Classic Burger Buns
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1 head Boston bib lettuce, separated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- Mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Divide into 4 portions; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patty.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- Grill burgers for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of the burger reads 160°F (71°C).
- Top each burger with a cheese slice; cook for about 1 minute or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Meanwhile, grill buns for 30 to 60 seconds or until lightly toasted.
- Assemble burgers in buns with barbecue sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion, bacon and pickled jalapeños.