Vegetarian Avocado, Chickpea and Cauliflower Pizza
Rate this recipe for points
Our Vegetarian Avocado, Chickpea and Cauliflower Pizza is ideal for lunches or weeknight dinners. This recipe uses Dempster’s® Sesame Bagels instead of dough to quick-start the pizza process. Plant-based toppings add welcome texture and a lot of flavour. Serves four.
- 2 Dempster’s® Sesame Bagels, split
- 2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Toss together cauliflower, chickpeas, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Arrange in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Grill bagels, cut sides down, for 1 to 2 minutes or until grill-marked and toasted.
- Mix mashed avocado with lemon juice; spread over each bagel half.
- Top with roasted cauliflower mixture.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and parsley.